There’s something so satisfying about a tall stack of fluffy pancakes. It can be daunting to attempt them yourself, especially if you’re trying to make them vegan AND gluten-free, but these Buckwheat Banana Pancakes couldn’t be easier to make!
While its name may misleadingly suggest otherwise, buckwheat is not a wheat and does not contain gluten. Rather, it is a seed making it naturally gluten-free. A good source of fibre, minerals and various plant compounds, buckwheat also has many health benefits such as helping moderate blood sugar levels and improve heart health.
Recipe: Buckwheat Banana Pancakes With A Tahini Gula Melaka Sauce (Vegan, Gluten-free)
Brought to you by Health Paradise
- 1 cup Health Paradise buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp Health Paradise coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 pisang mas (small bananas) or 1 big banana
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Health Paradise tahini
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tbsp gula melaka syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- Health Paradise natural dried mixed nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Coconut flakes
- Add the coconut milk, bananas, ground flax, apple cider vinegar & coconut oil to a blender and blend. Add the dry ingredients to the blender and blend to combine.
- Let the batter sit for a few minutes. While waiting, make the Tahini Gula Melaka sauce. Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick pan and add coconut oil if necessary. Once heated pour small pancakes onto the pan. Let it cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to rise. Adjust the heat accordingly. Flip and cook for a few more minutes.
- Stack the pancakes on a plate, add the sauce and toppings.
Health Paradise is Southeast Asia's first organic wholesaler with a range of quality natural imported and local ingredients, all FDA approved, GMP and HALAL certified. You can get their products from Jaya Grocer, Village Grocer, Ben’s Independent Grocer and most organic shops in Malaysia.