Dry, sensitive, pigmented, and acne-prone skin can be a dreadful experience. If you’re looking for natural ways to combat your skin problems, you probably already have these amazing ingredients sitting in your pantry and they are HONEY & TURMERIC!
Honey has been used traditionally in many cultures for skin repairing and turmeric is often used to help with skin tone. I’ve tried many remedies before but this simple D.I.Y honey and turmeric mask works so well on my skin. It moisturised and became brighter and softer instantly after applying it on my face. So I thought I’d share this simple 2 ingredient mask for people who have had similar skin concerns to me.
Both of the ingredients are edible and work as well on our skin externally, as they do internally. Although there are many types of honey in the market, I would recommend to use raw or organic honey where possible.
What is honey good for?
Acne: Honey has antibacterial properties that helps to prevent and treat acne.
Anti-ageing: The antioxidant properties can help slow down the ageing process of our skin.
Glowing complexion: Honey helps moisturise and soothe skin irritations, giving it a glowy complexion.
Pores: Honey helps clarify the skin and unclog pores.
What is turmeric good for?
Anti-inflammatory: The yellowish orange colour pigment is given by a natural phytonutrient called curcumin. High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, it can help slow down the cell-damaging process.
Hyperpigmentation: It helps even out skin tone and dark circles under the eyes.
Natural remedy: Turmeric is used in many home remedies to help treat acne, eczema, psoriasis, dry skin and wrinkles.
Recipe: Turmeric Honey Mask
- Honey (raw or organic if possible)
- Turmeric powder
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of honey with a dash of turmeric powder (add more if preferred).
- Stir until the mixture turns into a paste. Make sure not to make it too runny as it may drip all over.
- Spread the mixture over a cleansed and dry face.
- Leave the mask for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat face dry.
- Continue with your regular skincare routine.
- Apply twice a week for best results.
- Do a patch test to see if you experience any allergic reactions.
- Be extra mindful while applying the mask because the turmeric might stain your clothes.
I got brighter, softer, and dewy skin after applying the mask. My skin tone would turn slightly yellowish but it was just the residue of the turmeric powder, which would fade after a few more washes.