Beautiful raw chocolate topped with refreshing pomegranate seeds - this recipe is not only delicious but also packed with antioxidants, magnesium, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure, and reduces cancer risks
This is my go-to recipe every time the chocolate craving sets in. It's basic and refined sugar-free, using only raw cacao and coconut oil. The pomegranate seed addition with some sea salt give the chocolate a lift in the right direction with its sweet, refreshing notes. Alternately, if you really have to, you can melt a bar or two of good quality 80% cocoa chocolate and dress them up with the pomegranate seeds. You can also try this recipe with other pulps such as pomelo.
- 1 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil or cacao butter, or ½ cup of each fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 tablespoons raw honey
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- A pinch of sea salt
- Gently melt the coconut oil and/or cacao butter in a double boiler on low heat.
- Gradually stir in the cacao powder and vanilla extract. Mix until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Add in the honey and stir. Taste along as you do this.
- Layer a loaf tin with a baking sheet and pour the chocolate mix into it.
- Gently place the pomegranate seeds onto the mix. Follow up with a pinch of salt.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour and enjoy. Refrigerate to store as well.