Energy balls are the perfect healthy (and easy!) snack. They have a satiating combination of protein, good carbs, healthy fats, and are high in fibre. Feel free to create your own recipe with your favourite ingredients, from chocolate and peanut butter to cranberry and almond! You’ll never get bored of these versatile energy bites.
Recipe: Healthy Vegan Energy Bites
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 15 minutes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Maca powder
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is smooth. Roll the dough out into 1 inch balls. Enjoy!