We've all heard of banana nice-cream, but have you tried avocado ice cream? Avocado is known as one of the healthiest fruits in the world - nutrient dense and full of good fats to keep away inflammation. What better way to introduce this super fruit in your diet than incorporating it as a dessert?
This recipe makes for a velvety smooth, creamy textured ice cream that is not overly sweet, but enough to satisfy the sweettooth when the craving hits.
Ingredients (makes 6 small portions or 4 generous scoops)
- 1 & 1/2 cups ripe avocados - about 2 medium-sized avocados
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 & 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon rapadura sugar or honey
- Puree coconut milk, avocados, sugar, and lemon juice in a blender until smooth
- Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. (Skip straight to next step if you do not have one)
- Transfer into an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Serving suggestions: Serve with fresh fruits and a sprig of mint, or try adding chopped nuts, whipped coconut cream, and melted dark chocolate for a very moreish treat.