Mindfulness is a major contributor to positive self-development. It covers a wide range of practices that can affect how you view yourself, how you interact with others, how you treat the environment, and more.Yet, to many, mindfulness is just a vague term.
This guide will help you understand what mindfulness really is. Learn about the different ways you can practice and how to find relevant methods that work for you.
Mindfulness Techniques: Meditation
What is it, benefits, and how to practice mindfully
Meditation is an often recommended mindfulness technique available to everyone, regardless of demographics. Whether you’re a seasoned meditator or are new to meditating, here’s how your meditation practice can become more mindful.
What Is Meditation
- Get Clear On What Meditation Is to find a meditation style that is suitable for your current state of mind
- Meditation is a skill that requires practice. Here are 3 Things To Look Out For When Meditating
- Thinking while meditating is not bad - it can in fact help train your mind to become more aware of your own thoughts. Here are 4 Benefits of Thinking During Meditation.
The Benefits of Meditation
Here is a concise list that will make you want to start meditating immediately.
- While there are many Surprising Things That Happen When Meditating, becoming a better listener is certainly one good reason to start!
- Research has proven that the actual structure of your brain changes if you consistently meditate. Here are 4 other Ways Your Brain Changes When You Meditate.
- Burnouts in the workplace are worryingly common. Here is how your business could benefit from meditation
How To Meditate
Ready to start practicing mindful meditation? Here are some resources for you.
- Even if you’re busy, here’s 5 Ways To Meditate Every Day
- If you only have five minutes, here are Five Minute Meditations For Everyone
- Yes, meditating while sitting is a famous technique but other options exist. Like these 6 Alternatives To Sitting Meditation and Meditating with Mala Beads
How To Practice Mindfulness Daily: Different Ways You Can Be Mindful
Nurture your body and mind
Now that meditating has been thoroughly covered, let's focus on your body.
- For almost two years now, Malaysians have been working from home. Did you know that your posture can affect your mood and health? Here is how and tips on how to improve it.
- Speaking of being stuck at home. It’s a known fact that stress can lead to binge eating. Therefore, starting Tiny Habits To Help Create A Healthier Relationship With Food is important. So is Eating Mindfully!
- Exercising is a known mood booster. If you’re not mindful while training, however, you may injure yourself. Make sure to avoid these 5 Common Mistakes When Exercising.
- For the female readers: learn about your menstrual cycle and how you can Eat & Workout To Feel Empowered While Menstruating.
Mindful Relationships with Others
Foster healthy relationships with yourself and others
It’s easy to forget to be mindful when you’re surrounded by people you’re comfortable with. However, your words and your actions can have a lasting impact. Bringing mindfulness into your day-to-day interactions with others is key.
Also, the way others interact with you is not always an accurate reflection of how they feel about you. They may just be unaware of themselves and their words or actions.
- Figure out your Attachment Style and then use this knowledge to understand how other people have different attachment styles from you
- Seeing someone special? Here are 5 Ways To Be More Mindful In Your Relationship
- If you’re a parent, this is how to Equip Your Child With Crucial Life Skills
Lifestyle changes and mindful gifts
The modern world applauds fast everything. Fast cars, fast food, fast fashion, etc. Unfortunately, consuming items produced quickly is usually harmful to the environment, those who produced the item, and to your body, too. Here is how to consume mindfully.
- A Beginner's Guide To Zero Waste Living and 5 Bulk Food Stores in Kuala Lumpur To Help You Get Into Zero Waste Living
- With Christmas around the corner, instead of purchasing ‘one-time’ items this year, why not buy any of these 6 Mindful Gifts that will last longer than the Christmas season?
- You are what you consume, so try to make it a habit to consume things that uplift your body, mind, & soul. Like these 12 Inspirational Books About Mindfulness
There’s More To Mindfulness
Becoming mindful is a lifelong journey. It's about constantly re-assessing your internal dialogue, cultivating awareness of the way you interact with the world around you, and even the way others interact with you. If you’re ready to dive deeper into mindfulness then explore our Be Mindful section which is 100 % dedicated to everything & anything related to mindfulness.
Yes, changing your lifestyle can be daunting. We're here to help you remain relaxed throughout whatever changes you're making to become more mindful. Our Calm + Destress Collection helps you to stay centered throughout whatever changes you're going through. Improve your sleep, reduce stress, calm your body and mind.