For women—a good bra can be a necessary foundation that supports you through everyday life. Wearing a good bra can not only make you stand a little taller and even enhance your figure, but also help alleviate unnecessary discomfort.
Having said that, a whooping statistic still shows that about 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. From the dreaded sagging, discomforts, spillages and sore necks—it’s clear wearing the right size bra is crucial for supporting your breasts throughout the day.
Is wearing a well-fitting bra really that important?
Yes, it is. The first thing you’ll notice when a bra doesn’t sit right is how uncomfortable it is – straps dig into shoulders, underwire cuts into flesh, underbands ride up and cups either don’t cover enough or don’t fit. If you exercise or do sports, a sports bra that doesn’t fit perfectly can actually lead to bad posture, and even neck and back pain due to the lack of proper support. This forces many women to reduce physical activity and if the symptoms become serious, for some, breast reduction surgery is usually the next step!
Vanity aside, none of us want our breasts to seem out of shape or saggy. Wearing a bra that’s the wrong size and unsuitable for our unique curves will show, especially when wearing clothes that are fitting or see-through. A nice silhouette comes courtesy of a good bra.
Remember, women usually have one breast slightly bigger than the other; and size changes occur during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight gain/loss. Take note of these factors when deciding on what type of bra to buy.
How should a right bra fit?
- Shoulder straps: Give support and sits snug and flat on your shoulders Underband: Fits comfortably to the body (not too loose or too tight), be at the same level in the front and back (no riding up the back)
- Cups: be filled by breasts with no spillage over the top or bulging at the sides or bottom
- Underwire: fit snugly under and around the breast
Overall: a bra must feel comfortable, fit nicely on the last set of hooks, and make your breasts look good under any type of clothes
Neubodi Bra Drive 2018
From now till November 4th, Neubodi is having their Bra Drive Campaign where you can get rid of all those bras that simply don’t fit anymore! The great thing about this campaign is that it’s all about recycling and the art of giving—something good for those who don’t have access to good bras.
Here’s how it works:
- Collect all your old bras and drop it off at any bra bins located in all Neubodi Stores or partner locations.
- Get your QR code for a voucher worth for a 25% off discount on your next in-store Neubodi purchase.
- Your old bras donated are sorted and recycled in 2 ways:
- The wearable bras will be sent to women in underprivileged communities that have no access to good bras.
- The bras that are out of shape or no longer wearable will be recycled into fibres or bio-fuel to power cement kilns and industrial boilers.
And if you’d like to buy more than one new bra, Neubodi also has another promotion that will help you save — 3 IS NEVER ENOUGH. When you purchase 3 bras, get your 3rd piece at 50% and RM50 off any further additional pieces. Note: Discount applicable to the lowest priced items. Promo must be used separately from Neubodi Bra Drive voucher.
Established in 2008, Neubodi is a lingerie brand dedicated to providing the right fit of beauty and confidence for every modern woman today. Positioned as the first bra fitting specialist retail chain store in Malaysia, Neubodi offers customers the service and knowledge of buying the right-fitted bra with a proprietary holistic method of personal fitting without using any measuring tape. Derived from design innovation, its retail collection comes in a variety of comfortable daily lingerie; brassiere (bra), panties, body shaper, and lingerie care product.