Dry, sensitive and acne prone skin can be a dreadful experience—I know first hand. When I was searching for a natural way to combat my skin problems, I came across an amazing ingredient that I already had sitting in my pantry—HONEY!
Honey has been used traditionally in many cultures for skin repairing due to its beneficial properties. It helped my skin becomes softer, brighter and more moisturised instantly after applying it to my face. Although raw or organic honey is recommended, any type of honey will be helpful.
Why I chose honey?
- Acne: The antibacterial properties makes it a great remedy to prevent and treat acne.
- Anti-Ageing: The antioxidants in honey can slow down skin ageing.
- Glowing complexion: Honey can moisturise and soothe skin irritation.
- Pores: It clarifies the skin and unclogs pores.
Recipe: 1-Ingredient Honey Mask
- Honey (raw, organic or normal honey)
- Use 1-2 tablespoons of honey
- Spread a thin layer over a cleansed and dry face (layering it too thick may result in dripping)
- Leave the mask on for 15-60 minutes (unlike commercial masks, this can be left on for longer than 20 minutes)
- Wash it off with cold water and pat the face dry
- Continue with you regular skincare routine