Make the most out of your leftovers with this healthy, veggie-packed Rainbow Wrap. It’s perfect for an on-the-go lunch or quick, easy dinner - and it’s so tasty even the kids will love it! Fibre-rich veggies and the addition of protein from the hummus and chicken or tempeh will keep you feeling fuller, longer!
Recipe: Protein-Packed Rainbow Wrap
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (lettuce leaf if you are gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon of hummus
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- Leftover grilled chicken or tempeh
- 1/4 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of salt
- On a warmed whole wheat tortilla, spread one tablespoon of your favourite hummus and top with lettuce, tomato, and carrot. Add the leftover chicken or tempeh, sliced avocado, chilli flakes, lemon juice and a pinch of salt before rolling up the wrap. Enjoy!
- You may want to reheat the leftover chicken/tempeh in a pan before serving.
- If you follow a gluten-free diet, try wrapping everything up in a lettuce leaf.