Can’t stay away from crisps? Well, this might just be the alternative you need. This crunchy high-fibre protein snack is addictive; it’s great to have by the handful, and adds new dimension to salads.
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed (opt for one with the lowest sodium)
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Using a clean cloth, pat dry them as well as possible.
- In a large bowl, place and coat the chickpeas with spices and coconut oil.
- Place coated chickpeas on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Roast chickpeas for 1 hour or until golden and crispy. Cool chickpeas on baking tray.
*Store chickpeas in an airtight container for up to two days at room temperature.