The scorching hot weather is often attributed as the reason why most people are feeling unwell recently. Our appetites tend to be affected by it, particularly during lunch-time. Instead of feeling the heat blues, whip up a bowl of light and refreshing rice congee instead that’s also a hit with the kids.
(Makes for 2-3 people)
- 160g organic five-coloured beans
- 10g organic goji berries
- 2 tablespoons organic young oats
- Organic cane sugar – to taste
- 1 teaspoon organic starch - 1 teaspoon
- 1.5 litres water
- Soak the five-coloured beans in hot water for 20 minutes. After that, add to a pot of boiling water until soft.
- Blend the beans, and cook in a pot until the mixture boils.
- Add in the oats and goji berries and stir continuously. Thicken with starch and add cane sugar until a desired level of sweetness.