Easter is just around the corner and it’s that time of year when Easter bunnies and chocolate eggs take centrestage. Why not try something different (and healthier) and gift your friends with this dark chocolate and almond treat?
- 80 grams slivered almonds
- 150 grams dark chocolate (I used Lindt 85% extra dark cocoa)
- Natural gummy candy or dried fruits to decorate
- Extras needed:
- Parchment paper
- A paper cup or any cylindrical object for the wreath to be shaped around.
- Melt chocolate by using a double boiler.
- Stir in almonds in melted chocolate until evenly coated.
- Line parchment paper on a hard mobile surface (a large plate or baking tray works well) with the paper cup centred.
- Cut gummy candy to form the shape of a holly.
- Gently drop spoonfuls of the almond and chocolate mixture onto the parchment paper around a paper cup. Repeat until a wreath is formed and place decorations to suit.
- Leave it to set or refrigerate until solid.
Note: Chocolate clusters can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two months.