This is my personal favourite as a quick grab-and-go brekkie as it's great to scoff down while on the move. This muffin is also easy on the waist line and it packs a great antioxidant punch from the mix of blueberries and tangy lemon. Oh joy!
(Recipe yields a dozen muffins)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 eggs *preferably free range
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (If yours is the solid variety, melt it first)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup blueberries *fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
2. In a small bowl, mix coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in the dry mixture and blueberries until well incorporated.
4. Grease a baking pan with coconut oil, pour batter into the baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. To check if the muffins are done, insert a toothpick down the middle and pull it out. The toothpick should come out clean.
5. Let it sit to cool before consuming, if you can resist the temptation to dig in immediately!
*Feel free to substitute blueberries with any other berries of your liking.