Who doesn’t love a meal with a side of fries or chips? Or just on its own as a snack? Deep-fried and unhealthy chips certainly has its legion of fans, and while most of us know how bad for us it really is, we can’t seem to stop ourselves! If only there was a healthier option, right?
Well, there is! Sweet potato chips are delicious, nutritious and good for you. They’re baked instead of deep-fried, and are lovely accompaniments to a dish or simply to eat on its own. And when paired with avocado, it makes for a satisfying meal.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 500g sweet potato
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ avocado
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F
- Peel the potatoes, rinse and dry them well. Cut into chips.
- In a bowl, toss the chips with coconut oil, salt and paprika.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the chips in a single layer.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chips are tender and golden brown. Turn occasionally.
- Scoop the avocado flesh out and put into a bowl. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper, and smash with a fork.