Creamy, spicy and packed with flavour (not to mention nutrients) these Tahini Noodles with Roasted Carrots & Chickpeas from the Nourish Heal Glow in 28 Days recipe book make the perfect refreshing lunch. What’s even better? You can make the dish the night before, keep it in the fridge and have it ready for lunch the next day.
Recipe: Tahini Noodles with Roasted Carrots & Chickpeas (VGN)
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 170g organic soba noodles
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- Handful of baby greens (arugula, spinach, or similar)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Sesame seeds
- Chili flakes
- 1 lime, halved, for serving
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp warm water, more as needed
- ¼ tbsp coconut or palm sugar
- 1 tsp chili flakes (adjust to taste)
- Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Place the carrots and chickpeas on a baking tray, drizzle with cooking olive oil, season with paprika, salt and pepper, and toss. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the carrots are tender but still have a bite.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the package, cooking until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, stir together all the sauce ingredients, seasoning to taste. If necessary, add more water until the sauce is a drizzle-able consistency.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the sauce. Add the cucumber, radishes, greens, carrots, chickpeas, and toss with the rest of the sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and chili flakes, and lime halves on the side.
PS. Did you like this recipe? For more delicious and healthy recipes, get your hands on the Nourish, Heal, Glow 28 Day Programme, which includes a recipe book of over 60 nourishing dishes suitable for those avoiding gluten and vegans too.
Learn more about how you can heal and transform your body and health sustainably.