A well-balanced meal is important to ensure that you meet all the nutritional requirements that your body needs. This means eating the right amount of food (depending on how active you are) and eating a range of food. Give this recipe a try for a healthy and well-balanced meal.
- 1 carrot
- 1 broccoli
- 1 cauliflower
- Coconut oil
- 4 potatoes
- Salt, pepper
- ¼ cup milk of your choice
- 200g fish of your choice
1) Wash and cut veggies into small pieces.
2) Put coconut oil in a non-stick pan and add veggies – put salt, pepper and spices of your choice and stir till tender.
3) Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Bring water to a boil, add salt and the potato cubes. After around 20 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of butter over it, let it melt, then add milk and start mashing until it has the consistency of your choice.
4) Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Marinate the fish with salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, and put in a baking pan. Put it in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is well cooked.
Note: Vegetables are a good source of fibre and vitamins, and the potatoes and fish provide potassium and protein respectively.