Here's a recipe that’s simple, easy and oh-so-good for you! Although there are several steps to this, you don’t have to be a masterchef to produce this dish and wow your family and friends. Have a go!
1) Roasted eggplant
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Slice the eggplant into approximately 1cm thick slices on the diagonal.
- Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle black pepper and salt onto the eggplant, toss to coat evenly. Bake for 15 minutes, flip sides and bake for another 15 minutes.
2) Grilled Chicken Slice
- 2 butterfly cut chicken breast fillet (Without bone and skin)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Rub the ingredients onto the chicken breast. Marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and continue to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Shred the chicken for later use.
3) Putting it together!
- Roasted eggplant
- Chopped garlic
- Chopped onion
- Sliced cherry tomatoes (Toast with olive oil and salt)
- Any cooked green leafy vegetables
- Tomato paste (Cook mashed tomatoes with salt, pepper and some lemon juice)
- Grilled chicken slice
- Spread the tomato paste onto the roasted eggplant generously.
- Layer chopped garlic, chopped onion onto the eggplant.
- Mix cooked green leafy vegetables and shredded chicken slice together, and layer onto the eggplant.
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes to serve.
Note: You can add other toppings too should you want to add more flavour and texture, like cheese or mushroom. Experiment and enjoy!