This is one of my favourite dishes to cook when I need to whip up something quickly. This is a meal that can be done within 30 minutes for the whole family, ranging from toddler to adult.
Depending on the age of the youngest family member, you may want to add the salt after the youngest one has been served.
This portion can feed a family of four – two adults and two toddlers.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- 1 ½ tins of tuna in spring water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups passata
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Prepare pasta according to instructions on the packaging.
2. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add in the tuna. Stir well and then pour in the passata. Add the nutmeg, sea salt, pepper and ricotta. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Lastly stir in the ricotta.
5. Serve sauce with the cooked pasta.
* I prepare two types of pasta – macaroni for the little ones and penne for the adults.