Mention curry and you may immediately recall or even smell a whiff of your favourite curry! This medley of spices, aromas and hot-tasting flavours is an all-time favourite of many. You really can’t go wrong with serving this Asian star dish. Here we shine the spotlight on a vegan mushroom curry that will satisfy your taste buds and tummy. Feel free to adjust the spice-o-meter according to your preferred level of fiery-ness!
- 1 cup button mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 1 carrot, cubed
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 cup water
- Salt, pepper, curry, chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli), cumin as per taste
- Coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Slice the mushrooms, saute them in coconut oil and leave them aside.
- Then add a bit more coconut oil in the pan and stir fry the onion and garlic then add the cubed carrots and pepper.
- Add water and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and puree mixture with a hand blender or regular blender.
- Put the mixture back on the stove, add coconut milk and mushrooms and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite rice, quinoa or other grains of your choice.