The simple lemonade is given a sophisticated upgrade. If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic refreshing beverage, this jug of strawberry lemonade with a twist of mint will do the trick. Plus, it’s easy-to-prepare and will look gorgeous on your table.
Makes 1 jug (approximately 1 liter)
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups brown rice syrup
- 2 mint tea bags
- 2½ cups lemon/lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Approximately 30 strawberries
- 6 - 8 fresh mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water, the mint tea bags and the brown rice syrup. Heat over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes until the syrup completely dissolves, while stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set this simple syrup aside to cool.
- Put approximately 15-20 strawberries into a food processor, blend until they are all completely mushed, or you can also muddle the strawberries.
- In a large pitcher, combine the mint-syrup tea, the strawberries, and the remaining 5 cups water. Stir to combine everything together to get a nice pink hue.
- Finally, chop some fresh mint leaves and the remaining strawberries, combine them in the mixture and give it a good stir. If possible, place the mixture in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes to allow the flavours to meld. Serve chilled.
- You can even pour the strawberry mint lemonade into ice cube moulds, freeze them and use them as fruity ice cubes in your next beverage.