This easy, no-bake cake isn’t your regular cheesecake recipe. With an all-natural ingredients list, this baked goodness is refreshing on the palette and a treat for your senses. Try it and you’ll see why I say that a thin slice is all you need to savourthis tropical paradise in every bite!
Packed with pure goodness from real, nutrient-rich ingredients; dates, cacao powder, almonds, coconut oil and more - I love how I can enjoy this favourite, zesty healthy dessert of mine guilt-free and of course, share the love! Plus, if you’re looking for a gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan cake – this is a clear winner.
Here’s what makes this cake different from your usual cheesecake - instead of cream cheese and sugar, I used cashews, coconut cream and desiccated coconut with a zing of fresh lime juice. Give it a go and enjoy!
- 4-5 organic Medjool dates, pitted and softened in water (pitted dates are fine)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup desiccated or shredded coconut
- A pinch of Himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 cups of organic cashews (rinsed and soaked for at least 4 hours, overnight is best) or macadamias
- ½ cup of organic coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (you can add up to 3/4 cup if you like a strong tangy lime tasteand grate some lime zest into the mix)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract or vanilla essence
- ½ cup of honey
- Lime slices or grated lime rind
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- ½ cup of crushed pistachios or your favourite nuts
- Edible flowers
- Make the base by adding all the Base ingredients into a food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Line a loaf tin (or a spring cake tin) with grease-proof paper, or grease the tin with coconut oil.
- Pop this into the freezer to set while you make the filling.
- For the filling, combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy. You might want to adjust the taste by adding more lime juice or honey, depending on your desired consistency and flavour. It’s supposed to have a limey punch!
- Take the base out of the freezer, add the filling mixture and spread evenly. Leave it in the freezer for at least 4 to 5 hours to completely set.
- Take out the cake to defrost for 15 minutes before slicing and serving and garnish with your favourite toppings!
Photo credit: Life of Goodness