Looking for a guilt-free and tasty dessert? These raw tarts are the ideal treat, with a tangy flavour which is perfect after a meal to cleanse the palate.
- 1 sleeve Graham biscuits
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked overnight or at least 6 hours
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 5-6 key limes, juice
- 2 key limes, zest
- ½ mango, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
1. Line a muffin tin with muffin cups.
2. Pre-heat oven to 160 C.
3. For the base, place the graham crackers and coconut oil in a food processor and blend until fine.
4. Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of filling in to the muffin cups and press down firmly.
5. Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
6. For the filling, place all ingredients in the processor and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency. Leave a little of the lime zest and mango aside.
7. Fill the muffin cups with the filling and top with a little lime zest and chopped mango for decoration.
8. Place in the freezer to set. They need at least 3 hours to set.9. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remaining tarts can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container and kept for at least a month… if you don’t finish them all in one sitting that is!