Forget fussing about a long list of ingredients to buy, sweating in the kitchen and minding the cake in the oven. Let me introduce you to a cake that is revolutionary and made from only 3 simple ingredients; Fresh Watermelon Cake!
- Whole watermelon
- 250ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon honey (I used Manuka but any would do)
- Roasted almonds
- Cacao nibs
- Freeze dried pineapple
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Dried apple slices
*This is entirely up to your imagination.
1. Carefully cut the watermelon into the shape of the cake you desire, keep in fridge to chill.
2. Frosting: Start by chilling the bowl and whisk in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes,
3. Pour the chilled cream into the pre-chilled bowl and beat until it holds soft peaks. Add in honey and continue to beat until well incorporated.
4. Take the watermelon from the fridge, gently dab it with a clean paper towel and begin to frost starting from the top down.
5. Decorate with desired toppings.
6. Keep chilled until ready to be served.
I found a video link on how to cut out a watermelon cake in case some guidance is required.