A healthy dessert always seems like a contradiction in terms, and most people would steer clear of desserts that claim to be healthy because of the preconceived notion that they can’t possibly taste good! You’d be surprised though at how a healthy dessert like this crumble can be not only good for you but be simply scrumptious too.
For the Filling
- 2 1/2 Packham pears
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic unrefined sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 cup water
For the Crumble
- 1 pack salted gula melaka granola
- Icing sugar (for dusting)
- Dice pears into small bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Mix all the ingredients for filling together and pour into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Bake filling for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and as it cools, cover the top of the filling with granola. Dust with icing sugar.
- Serve warm and with a scoop of ice cream if desired.