If desserts are your downfall when trying to eat healthily, then indulge your sweet tooth with this chocolaty treat.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute such as almond milk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 a medium banana
- 2 Medjool dates
- A pinch of salt
- In a food processor or blender, puree all ingredients together for about 90 seconds with pulses in between, making sure to scrape down the sides to ensure a uniformed and smooth blend.
- Distribute the puree mix into two separate dishes, cover and let it rest in the fridge for at least 3-5 hours.
- Serve chilled with desired toppings, such as fresh fruits, cacao nibs, or greek yoghurt.
Note: Pudding keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge so feel free to stock up for your go-to-dessert, breakfast or midday snack.