When it comes to Chinese New Year, the three things people look forward to the most are family gatherings, ang paus and food—but let’s be real, mostly food! Chinese New Year is fast approaching, so if you’re short on time here is a fuss free recipe that only needs 4 ingredients & 15 minutes of your time.
Some say baking is the glue that binds the family. This recipe is so simple you can even easily make these cookies together with your kids as a fun family activity. These cookies are vegan, gluten-free and refined-sugar free, but most importantly they’re delicious!
RECIPE: 4 INGREDIENT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES (VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE)
serving:Makes 20 regular sized cookies or 40 mini sized cookies
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
For the chocolate sauce (optional):
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius degrees.
- Mix all the cookie ingredients in a large bowl. Fold and combine the ingredients until a cookie dough is formed.
- Scoop out the cookie dough with a spoon and roll into small rounded balls of dough onto a parchment lined or greased baking sheet.
- Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork (or any shape you desire).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely as the cookies will still be slightly soft but will harden as they cool. Enjoy!