Are you looking for creative options for your family for snacks and dips? Something that is delicious, and also healthy for everyone?
Dips are the unsung heroes of the snack world. Perfect for parties, potlucks and the times you’re not hungry for a meal but you’d still like to have something to hold you over until the next one. Here’s an easy peasy recipe to surprise your friends and even yourself with!
This Lentil Coriander Pegaga Dip is humble and packs a nutritional punch with the combination of lentils, coriander and Pegaga by PurelyB. Lentils are high in protein, iron and gut-friendly fibre. Coriander boosts eye health with lutein and vitamin A, and is a popular herb when detoxing the body from heavy metals like lead 9and mercury. And Pegaga by PurelyB will help to aid in digestion and supports skin health. It almost sounds like it shouldn’t taste nice. But on the contrary, it tastes as divine as it is good for you!
If you don’t have time to soak your lentils overnight, you can cook them straight over the stovetop for double the time (from 20 t0 40-45 minutes). However, if you can afford to plan ahead, it’s always recommended that you soak first to decrease the anti-nutrients present in the legume and improve digestibility.
This recipe keeps salt and oil to a minimum. If you prefer a more flavourful, richer dip, You are welcome to add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and one more tablespoon of oil.
Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Aside from being a dip, this can also be used as a bread spread or mixed into pasta.
Recipe: Davina Goh's Lentil Coriander Pegaga Dip
- 1/2 cup lentils, soaked overnight in water
- 1/2 - 2/3 cup chopped coriander, loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 level scoop Pegaga by Purely B
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Drain lentils from soaking water. Add to a pot together with 4 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil and allow to cook for 18-20 minutes, until the lentils turn very soft and the skins come off.
- Drain water from lentils and if you wish, keep in the fridge or freezer to use as vegetable stock for another recipe.
- Allow lentils to cool for 10 minutes, then place in a food processor or milling blender attachment together with all other ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Serve immediately with chips, breadsticks and / or veggie sticks, or stick it in the fridge to be served at a later occasion.