These pancakes are perfect for breakfast or whenever you’re feeling peckish. Although delicious fresh off the skillet, they also freeze beautifully for an effortless meal later.
Cook and cool the pancakes, stack them with pieces of waxed paper in between to prevent sticking, and place in an airtight container to freeze.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Serves: 3 portions
- 4 eggs *preferable free range
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large bowl mix eggs, pumpkin, nut butter and beat with a whisk until smooth. Add in cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg and then whisk again to incorporate.
- Using a skillet over medium-high heat, add in coconut oil to coat the pan - swivel to make sure the pan is well coated.
- Drop 1/4 cup servings of batter into the pan, cook until bubbles begin to appear and the edges are set, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes over gently to cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Cook in batches adding more coconut oil to the pan as necessary.
*For variation, replace pumpkin with pureed apples or mashed bananas instead.