As a busy international celebrity chef and media personality, it’s hard to imagine how Anis Nabilah finds time to sit down for a bite to eat! But even between hosting her cooking show, Selera, and travelling around the world, Anis makes it a priority to nourish herself with healthy, simple recipes that can be whipped up in a flash like these overnight oats!
Recipe: Anis Nabilah’s Overnight Oats
- 1 ½ cup almond milk, plus additional as needed
- ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup plain oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Fresh fruit (such as banana slices, figs, raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted almonds.
- In a medium bowl, stir together milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, dates, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Divide mixture into 2 jam/Mason jars. Add more milk, as needed, so that oats are covered in liquid. You can also add fresh fruits after filling the jars halfway through and top it off with more of the oats mixture to create a layered look.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. To serve, top with more fresh fruit and sprinkle with almonds.
- Milk booster tips for breastfeeding mothers: Use fresh milk (instead of almond) and skip the Greek yoghurt. Instead, add a teaspoon of brewers’ yeast and a tablespoon of flaxseed to oat mixture.