This nourishing porridge packs a superfood punch with the addition of salmon, quinoa and gingko nuts! Rich in omega-3s and essential amino acids, this recipe will keep you satisfied and full until your next meal. After a bowl of this delicious porridge, you’ll be ready to tackle the day!
Recipe: A Satisfying Quinoa, Gingko & Salmon Porridge
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 10-15 ginkgo nuts (break the shells and remove the cores)
- 1/4 cup corns
- 6 cups of water
- 125g salmon, lightly seasoned with salt and sesame oil
- black sesame seeds, cilantro to garnish
- In a rice cooker add quinoa, minced ginger, gingko nuts, corn, and water.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil a pan and grill salmon over medium heat for 3-6 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Once quinoa porridge cooked, serve together with salmon and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.