Don’t miss out on the spirit of the festive with this delicious mushroom and onion gravy everyone can have! Gluten-free AND vegan — this gravy will be perfect for family gatherings all about celebration good food.
Made with rice instead of traditional flour, this gravy recipe means even those avoiding gluten will be able to enjoy a delicious helping at your Christmas meals. Perfect served with rosemary roasted potatoes!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup of cooked rice (preferably brown or 10 grain)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (preferably homemade)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried sage
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp nutritional year
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- In a heavy bottom pot saute the onions and garlic over medium heat until translucent
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and saute with a pinch of himalayan salt and black pepper for another 5-10mins
- Add the rice, vegetable stock, dried herbs and season again (to taste) and simmer for a few minutes until the mixture comes together
- Pour your mixture into a blender and add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice
- Blend until smooth
- Pour back into the saucepan to simmer for a few minutes to thicken
- Serve with rosemary roasted potatoes!