Tired battling with your picky eaters at every meal? Then this kid-friendly mac and cheese from our friend Emily Tan may be the answer to putting an end to your dinner wars! Even the pickiest of the picky eaters will gobble up this vegan, gluten-free, veggie-packed pasta. P.S. they’ll never know it didn’t come from a box. #parentingwin
Recipe: Kid-Friendly Vegan Mac & Cheese
Serves 4 to 6
- ½ cup cooked butternut pumpkin
- ½ cup raw cashews, preferably soaked at least 1 hour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water
- Squeeze of lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 boxes gluten-free pastes, such as San Remo Brown Rice Pasta, cooked per package directions
- 1 head broccoli, cut into small florets, steamed until tender
- ½ bag edamame beans, boiled
For the sauce
For the Pasta
- Prepare your sauce by adding butternut pumpkin, cashews, nutritional yeast, water, lemon, salt and miso paste to a high-speed blender; Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- In a large pot, add cooked pasta, broccoli and edamame. Pour in the sauce and stir over low heat until pasta and veggies are evenly coated with sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!