At the recent New York Fashion Week, PANTONE unveiled their Spring 2017 Fashion Color Report featuring the top 10 shades on the runway. These colours ranged from bright and vivid to earthy tones, reminiscent of hues that surround us in nature. More than having a glimpse of what your wardrobe will look like in six months’ time, read on to find out our five faves and how to incorporate these colours on your plate!
Every colour has a story to tell and evokes a spectrum of emotion and imagination. Allow us to introduce our favourite fives:
- Feel the warmth and cheer of sunny days with PANTONE 13-0755 Primrose Yellow.
- Fun loving and brimming with flamboyance, PANTONE 17-1462 Flame blazes with fiery heat, a great choice if you need a pop of colour, whether in your wardrobe or for your palate.
- Exuding radiance and positive energy from within, PANTONE 19-4045 Lapis Blue transmits strength and confidence.
- A foliage-based green, PANTONE 18-0107 Kale conjures up the desire to connect with nature and explore the lush outdoors.
- Ease into tranquility with the unobtrusive PANTONE 13-1404 Pale Dogwood, a subtle, soft pink imbued with innocence and purity.
In the infographic below, we provide you with nutrition tips and recipe ideas inspired by these five colours. Share, tag and like!
Check out these related recipes and nutrition tips for each colour:
Primrose Yellow – Eggs Make A Comeback!
Flame – Sesame Crusted Salmon with Sweet Potato and Orange Dressed Salad
Lapis Blue – Rainbow Bright: All-Natural Food Dyes
Kale – Hail The Kale, Kale Crisps With An Asian Twist
Pale Dogwood – Pretty Fruits To Jazz Up Your Drink, How To Peel A Pomegranate
PANTONE Fashion Color Report Spring 2017