Vegan Avocado Mayonnaise
| Written by Mia Amran
Mayonnaise is a delicious condiment and most of us have it in our refrigerators for a quick and easy addition to make for a tastier meal. Although store-bought ones are convenient, making your own ensures that you know exactly what is going into your mayonnaise without having to scrutinise the labels.
This avocado mayo recipe is perfect for vegans as unlike traditional mayonnaise recipes, it doesn’t contain any eggs.
- 1 large avocado
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put the flesh of the avocado into a blender.
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper, and blend it all together.
- Slowly pour the olive oil in a little bit at a time while blending. You may need to stop every once in a while to make sure the mixture is blending smoothly.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
You could also add to the flavour by adding garlic powder, or chilli flakes, for example. You may store this in a jar in the fridge for at least a week, if not longer.