Sprouted Green Mung Salad
| Written by Hridya Ramani
This is a wonderful salad to have as a meal or a snack. It is crunchy with different textures and is delightfully refreshing.
You might have read my previous post on how sprouted legumes and beans are very healthy and nutritious. I also shared some information on how you can prepare sprouted legumes at home. If you’ve tried it, then here’s your chance to use those sprouts!
In this gluten-free salad, you can choose to boil or steam the sprouts but if you wish the crunch to remain, it is best eaten as such!
- 1 cup sprouted green mung
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Coriander (Cilantro) - as needed, for garnish
- Salt – to taste
- Add ons – grated carrot, cucumber
Mix all ingredients in a big bowl, toss well. Add the coriander and lemon juice towards the end. Eat and enjoy!
- Feel free to mix and match the ingredients, try out different combinations – you can even mix fruits with sprouts – eg, orange, apples.
- You can also add a dash of tempered seasoning of mustard or cumin seeds in your favourite oil, at the end.
- Add your favourite spice mix to give it a new twist.
- Yet another way to increase the nutrient content is with nuts! Yes, you can add toasted nuts, such as peanuts, walnuts or even sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds – what’s your favourite?
Satiate your hunger for a long time with this crunchy salad – this could either be your lunch/dinner or your mid-afternoon snack.