Mains & Sides
Roasted Broccoli Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
| Written by Shannon Lim-de Rooy
I dare say roasted broccoli is the best way to enjoy broccoli - tender florets, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper, roasted at high heat until nicely browned around the edges and stems. You can eat it on its own or in a salad. After you’ve tried roasted broccoli, you may never want to have broccoli any other way.
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 mango - cubed (or your choice of fruit)
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- A handful of walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp mustard dressing
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F)
2. Cut broccoli into big florets, remove the skin of the stem and cut into thick slices. Place them onto a baking tray and toss with olive oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until broccoli is crisp on the ends and a little brown.
3. To prepare vinaigrette, whisk all ingredients until well incorporated (emulsified), or put the ingredients into a jar and shake vigorously.
4. When broccoli is ready, add mango, onion, walnuts and broccoli into a big mixing bowl and toss with vinaigrette to coat. Serve.