Roast Pumpkin, Bean and Rocket Salad
| Written by Danielle Peita Graham
My cousin Simon is an amazing chef and I have fond memories of watching him cook up a storm for our family get-togethers when I was growing up in Sydney. I loved to help him whenever he would let me. This was one of the first salads he taught me how to make. It works as a light meal on its own and goes well with roast meats.
- ½ butternut pumpkin (approx. 700g), peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 10 green beans, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 bunch rocket (arugula) leaves, ends trimmed, washed and dried
- 400g tinned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- To make the dressing, put the mustard, honey, olive oil, red wine vinegar and rosemary in a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Spread the pumpkin pieces over the base of an ovenproof dish and drizzle with vegetable oil. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Fill a bowl with iced water. Cook the green beans in the boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to the iced water. After 3 minutes, or when the beans are cold, drain and set aside.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To serve, arrange the rocket on a large plate. Scatter the cannellini beans, green beans and pumpkin over the rocket and drizzle over the dressing.
Don't spoil a perfectly good salad with unhealthy dressings! Make your own with ingredients from our Online Store.