The humble flaxseed cracker. If you’re feeling peckish or looking for a quick snack, just slather some nut butter or your favourite spread on these crackers and munch away! These crackers or crispbreads are packed with healthy fats and are perfect for anytime of the day.
- 1 cup flaxseeds
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, soak flaxseed and chia seeds in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine the cup of water with the agave nectar in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet, score the dough with a spatula then bake for 90 minutes. Turn the heat off and let it cool inside the oven.
- Break the crackers along score lines and store in an airtight container.