Mains & Sides
| Written by Jay Jayaraj
Nothing fancy, just beans of all kinds. But absolutely delicious.
Legumes, when eaten in moderation, help to reduce risks of heart disease, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and keep you full to help with weight loss. They’re packed with B vitamins which are essential for cell metabolism. You can try this recipe with any beans of choice. I usually pick up mixed bean packages for this; more flavours with different beans. Plus, you can experience and decide which ones you like more so you can plan a better salad adjusted to liking the next time.
- 2 handfuls of beans (10 bean mix), soaked in water overnight
- Half an onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Some agave nectar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Some coriander to garnish, finely chopped
- Cook beans as per instruction on the packet and let it cool in a bowl.
- Gently whisk together vinegar, oil, agave, salt and pepper.
- Throw the mixer into the bean bowl with onions, mix well to taste.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
Note: The fresh flavours go perfectly well with spiced meats just as it is good on its own. You can also add some of your favourite vegetables into the mix to add more flavour and texture.