Kids love sweet treats (and we do too!) but they aren’t always the healthiest. Store bought treats may be convenient, but they’re often packed with sugar and other hidden ingredients we don’t want in our bodies. Here’s a quick and easy recipe you can make for a delicious, sugar-free banana bread. It’s so easy to make, your kids can help out too!
Recipe: Sugar-free Banana Bread
- 1 cup mashed bananas (around 3 medium)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips & chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- On a plate, mash the bananas with a fork until desired consistency.
- In a bowl, mix coconut oil, coconut milk and eggs until well combined. Add the mashed bananas into the bowl and continue mixing.
- Then add whole wheat flour, ground cinnamon, salt and baking soda and gently stir until the ingredients are combined.
- When the batter is thick, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the baking tray and bake for about 50-55 minutes.