When life is busy, we often down-prioritize ourselves first.
It easy to fall in the trap of looking at self-care as selfish, while it in fact is far from that.
By taking care of yourself, you will not only feel better but also have more energy to support people you care about. You cannot give to others what you don't have yourself.
Self-care is essential and in our fast-paced society, it has never been more important.
Here’s a rundown of how to practise self-care in all areas of life. Covering everything from figuring out what you want in life to eating habits, how to stress down, and practise sexual self-care.
Let's dive in.
1. How to develop healthy, long-term habits for a happier life
While staying healthy sounds good and all, zoom out for a while and reflect on what it actually means to you. From figuring out what kind of life you want to live, to how to be more present.
- Steps to take for a happier life; from regular sleep to having a support system in place.
- Transform challenges you've faced during COVID-19 into opportunities for personal development and growth with these habits for a more fulfilled life.
2. How to unwind and stress less
Research shows that people around the world are becoming more stressed, worried, and angry. And the pandemic hasn't improved the situation.
Stress down with these tips.
- Daily habits to not stress your life away: From the ups and downs with stress to acceptable stress levels, and how to relax more.
- Stress down during the pandemic and beyond, with tips covering everything from skincare to meditation.
- The Mindful Guide To Self-Quarantine:
- Part 1: The basics of how to stay home and stay healthy
- Part 2: Covering food hygiene, human connection & working from home
- How to avoid or treat burnout. When not pro-actively dealt with, people can be burned out for a long time without even being aware of it. Take action in time with these tips.
3. How to practise financial self-care
With higher living costs and life expectancies, the financial stress we face today is higher than ever. Apart from mental illnesses, financial stress can cause physical symptoms like insomnia, fatigue, headaches, and more
Financial self-care is all about creating habits that help you reach your financial goals. While it's often overlooked, making financial self-care a part of your daily routine can significantly improve your overall happiness and wellbeing.
- Take charge of your personal finances: Many people live paycheck to paycheck and worry about how they’re going to survive. Break this stressful cycle by following these simple rules.
4. How to make healthy eating a habit
Everyone has their own reasons for wanting to start eating healthy. But how does one start? Some people change the way they eat overnight, while others prefer a step-by-step approach.
- Start living healthy in 3 weeks step-by-step with these tips
- How to eat raw, vegan and wealthy without spending a fortune. Eating raw and vegan can be expensive, but it doesn’t have to be.
5. How to take care of your body: Beauty is (not only) on the inside
Looking good and feeling good go together. Even if we've learned that it’s what’s on the inside that matters, taking care of our body and our appearance can help us stay healthy, as well.
- From skincare to exercise, here are a few tips to help you take care of your body.
- Our co-founder and COO Stephanie Looi shares 4 simple and effective tips on how to implement self-care into our daily lives.
- We are all for the growing obsession of being mindful of the products we consume. Here's how to make the switch to clean beauty.
6. How to understand and take care of your menstrual healthOn average, women menstruate for 40 years and use 11,000 tampons or pads over their lifetime. But how much do we and those close to us actually know about our menstrual cycles?
The reality is - probably very little.
Understand your menstrual cycle, and how to eat, workout, and optimize your life with these tips.
- Your menstrual cycle explained and how to get the most out of it.
7. How to practise sexual self-care
Sexual wellness may have different meanings depending on who you ask, but essentially, it embraces more than the physical aspect of sexuality and sexual pleasure. It also covers the emotional, relational and spiritual part of out.
- Sexual self-care-curious, but don’t know where to start? Let us walk you through.
8. How to learn more about self-care and mindfulness
Self-love, self-care and mindfulness are never-ending topics. Use these resources to dive more in.
- 12 of our favorite books on self-care and mindfulness, one for each month. Changing your life for the better? It all starts with a great read.
9. How to help those you care about to take care of themselves
If you're looking to spoil someone you care about with self-care, we've got your back.
- Lovely self-care gifts that are suitable for different people and budgets.
10. How to stay healthy when travellingStaying healthy while travelling is hard even for the most health-conscious. While it might be tempting to think of your traveling time period as your ‘cheat’ time, it can be hard to get back on track after. The good news is that it's possible to stay healthy no matter where you are.
- From your packing to your mindset, here are our tips on how to stay healthy while travelling,
Want to take care of yourself but don’t know how to begin? Check out our 7-Day Wellness Starter Kit that will help you get started on the right track.